Tre Voci and Mohammad Reza Mortazavi present ‘Orbits’ at ICA 3/12/17
03/12/2017 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
The Mall, St. James's, London SW1Y 5AH
MATINEE PERFORMANCE: 4-6 PM
EVENING GIG: 8-10 PM
Meditative cello improvisations by London-based trio Tre Voci meet thrilling Iranian drumming in this fascinating musical collaboration accompanied by live visuals.
Immerse yourself in the plethora of sounds slowly orbiting the audience in the first half, before hearing “the best hand-drummer worldwide” (ORF)Mohammad Reza Mortazavi, and his mesmerisingly fast drumming, bringing the programme to an ecstatic close.
TICKETS: EARLY BIRD £10 / STANDARD £15 / STUDENTS £8
BUY NOW >> http://bit.ly/2yEexYH
Get a taste of what to expect in this trailer: http://bit.ly/2fNWuHU
Tre Voci (Torun Sæter Stavseng, Gregor Riddell and Colin Alexander) will perform their own improvisations and new compositions, including the world premiere of a new work by David Stephen Grant, in which they collaborate with Mohammed Reza Mortazavi and Norwegian soprano Silje Aker Johnsen.
* London-based cello trio Tre Voci, known for combining meditative improvisations alongside ethereal medieval works.
* Iranian hand-percussion legend Mohammad Reza Mortazavi, described as having the “fastest hands on earth” (aspekte).
* Norwegian soprano Silje Aker Johnsen
* Norwegian/British composer David Stephen Grant
* Norwegian live visuals artist Henrik Koppen